Pre-Listing Appraisal Services
If you’re working with a real estate agent to list your property, more than likely they’ll provide you with a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) that lists selected sales in your area as one of the first steps in determining what to set as the “Listing Price". This step is vital if you're going to maximize your profit and minimize the home’s time on the market.
But even if you're working with the most experienced RE Broker, it may benefit you to have an objective third party opinion of value. In the current competitive climate, accurately pricing your home at the outset can maket the difference between selling your home, or having it sit on the market for a year or more.
In addition to helping you set a realistic selling price so your home will attract buyers, a professional appraisal from Hood To Coast Appraisals can:
- Be a very valuable negotiating tool once you have a potential buyer
- Provide you and your agent with a sketch of your home's floor plan, including computer generated calculations of your living area (square footage)
- Make yourself aware of problems and eliminate last-minute repair hassles that might delay a closing
- Decrease the chances of unknown problems that cause sales to fall through
- Eliminate the wait for the buyer or their mortgage company to get the appraisal done on their own
Many people are surprised when they find out that the market value of their home is much more than they thought, so investing in a professional appraisal actually allowed these people to receive several thousand more dollars than they thought they would when their home was sold. Others have an inflated opinion of their home's value and an appraisal helped them to realistically price their home in order for it to sell. An overpriced home will not attract buyers, which means no offers and no closing and that you have wasted valuable time, money, and efforts.
Improvements to add value
In addition to “how much?”, there may be other important questions to ask yourself before listing your home. Questions like ''Would it be better to paint the entire house before we sell it?”, ''Should I put in that third bathroom?'', ''Should I complete my kitchen remodel?'' Many things which we do to our houses have an effect on their value. Let Ken Hickman - your state certified appraiser at Hood To Coast - help you make the right choices for your specific market area and price range.